Dental crowns are essential restorative treatments for damaged or broken teeth. Crowns are small tooth-shaped coverings that help to restore a broken, worn down, decayed or weak tooth. They are also used as coverings for tooth implant and root canal-treated teeth.
However, with digitalization and advancement in technology comes the need for quick and effective dental procedures. Patients are looking for means to avoid repetitive visits to the dentist before they can restore the beauty of their smile. Hence, the advent of same-day crowns by CEREC.
Our Henderson dentist, Dr. Heeyup Ghim, DMD, provides CEREC same-day single-visit crowns in Henderson, NV to provide patients with custom-fitted crowns in less time than ever before.
In this guide, Dr. Heeyup breaks down everything you need to know about CEREC same-day crowns, including how they work, and how to tell if you’re a good fit for CEREC dental crowns to prevent any form of CEREC dental crown problems.
What Are CEREC Same-day Crowns?
CEREC is the acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It is a dentistry system that utilizes Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) to design strong ceramic same-day crowns for teeth.
Our restorative dentist is certified to design and create cerec dental crowns as part of our same-day dental procedures to give you effective dental restorations.
Apart from crowns, our dentist uses the CEREC technology in Henderson, Nevada to accurately design other restorative treatment tools, such as implants, crowns, and bridges. However, before investing in any CEREC dental care options, it’s best to know how they work and how much are CEREC dental crowns.
How Do CEREC Dental Crowns Work?
Same-day CEREC crowns create an avenue for patients to get a permanent dental crown in one visit to the dentist. A rundown of the CEREC one-visit crowns dental procedure in Henderson, NV, can be summarized with the following steps:
- Step 1: Preparation: Our same-day CEREC dentist begins the procedure by first examining your teeth to ensure that you’re the right candidate for CEREC dental crowns. If you meet the requirement for CEREC restorations, our family dentist in Henderson will check how much healthy tooth structure you have before preparing the damaged tooth. This is done by removing any weakened and decayed tooth material.
- Step 2: Impression: After preparing your teeth for CEREC same-day single-visit crowns in Henderson, NV, our dentist will take a scan of your teeth to establish the digital images of your tooth surface using an intraoral camera. The CEREC same-day crowns technology will make 3D impressions to create accurate, custom-fit, and comfortable permanent dental crowns.
- Step 3: Designing: After getting the 3D model of your tooth, our dentist will use the model to design a crown that perfectly fits over the prepared tooth digitally. This is one of the major advantages of getting a CEREC crown.
- Step 4: Milling: Before the CEREC one-visit crowns are created, your dentist will ensure that the crowns match the color of your natural teeth. Our cosmetic dentist in Henderson will select a material that closely matches the color of your teeth. Next, he’ll fill the CEREC machine with a porcelain or zirconium block for each tooth and program it to create your crown. The milling process takes about 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Baking and Sintering: After milling, your CEREC dentist will bake and sinter the crown by placing it into the CEREC sintering furnace to harden and shape your crown. The baking and sintering process takes about 20 minutes.
- Step 6: Fitting: This is the final and shorter process for CEREC same-day dental restorations. Our dentist in Henderson begins to fit the crowns to your prepared tooth and make all necessary adjustments to ensure it fits properly. Once the fit is precise, your dentist will cement the crowns over the teeth and you’ll be on your way as soon as the crowns are stable.
The excitement and efficiency with CEREC is that you do not need to wear a temporary crown or come back in for 2nd seat appointment. Your treatment is completed in a single visit.
How Much Is Our CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
Every dental procedure provided by a comprehensive dentist in Henderson varies and these can be attributed to factors such as the processes required in getting the treatment, your dentist’s level of experience, the type of dental insurance coverage you have, and the area you live. The factors also influence the price of CEREC same-day crown and dental implants in Henderson.
CEREC dental crown price may vary from one cosmetic dentist in Henderson to another. However, we recommend that you visit us for an oral examination to see know more about our crown treatment.. Also, some dental insurance covers the full amount or pays part of the it, depending on what condition is entrenched in your coverage.
Our cosmetic dentistry in Henderson offers numerous cosmetic treatments that restore your teeth to their youthful appearance. We can help you obtain the ultimate smile you deserve, and we accept a variety of insurance plans.
Am I a Good Candidate for CEREC Same-day Crowns?
To avoid any CEREC dental crown problems, it’s important to know if you’re a good candidate for them. To make an efficient appointment for CEREC same-day dentistry in Henderson, your dentist will need to carry out various dental examinations before recommending same-day CEREC crowns.
To find out whether you’re a good candidate for same-day CEREC crowns, visit our same-day CEREC dentist in Henderson, NV, to book an appointment.
Dental Restoration With CEREC Same-day Crowns From a Trusted Family Dentist in Henderson
Dr. Heeyup Ghim, DMD, provides excellent dental restorations with the latest state-of-the-art, same-day crown design technology: the CEREC milling system. With CEREC, you can get same-day single-visit crowns in Henderson, NV that are custom fitted. Dr. Ghim strives to help patients receive the best restorative treatment by continuously learning new and advanced dental procedures.
Our CEREC same-day crowns follow a short treatment process, which includes capturing the digital images of your teeth, designing your crown, and fitting it to your mouth right in our office. Our family dentist in Henderson, Dr. Ghim, provides a variety of financing options to help you access the best dental care possible. Schedule an appointment with us or call our office for CEREC dental crowns and to learn about our financing options.